How to remove stubborn deposite of limescale from ceramic tiles
Shower areas can quickly lose their sparkle, as limescale builds up. The crusty, white mineral deposits are left behind by hard water and they can be really hard to shift.
It’s tempting to blitz limescale with a tough cleaning product but this can lead to further problems. Many ‘power cleaners’ contain non-buffered hydrochloric acid which can erode aluminum and steel shower attachments, taps and plug holes. They can also emit potentially dangerous fumes.
To remove limescale safely, look for a buffered solution, like Fila Deterdek. To apply:
- Dilute one-part of Fila Deterdek to ten-parts of warm water.
- Apply the solution to the problem area and leave for five minutes.
- Work the solution into the area, using a brush or cloth. An old toothbrush is handy for fiddly areas, around taps.
- Rinse the area with clean water.
- For really stubborn areas, repeat with a more concentrated solution.
Remember to always wear gloves and keep areas well ventilated when using acid-based products.
For the ordinary maintenance of your shower and ceramic tiles use the ready-to-use FILAVIA BAGNO
For more advice, just contact our UK Help Line on tel. tel. 01584 877286 or visit www.filasolutions.com
Fila Surface Care Solutions: in questo Blog troverai suggerimenti sull’utilizzo dei prodotti Fila, le ultime notizie in fatto di trattamento delle superfici, eco-consigli e tante altre curiosità!